On July 11th Gencom, a leading Miami-based international luxury hospitality and residential real estate investment and development firm, announced an investment of more than USD 100 million investment towards a major enhancement of Peninsula Papagayo, a 1,400-acre premier residential and resort destination in northwestern Costa Rica, where our experts Papagayo Luxury is based.
The comprehensive works with begin in December 2017 and will take eco-luxury and transformative experiences in Central America to a remarkable new level. The transformation revolves around the re-imagined Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica and a range of unique first-ever Peninsula Papagayo amenities, transformative experiences and facilities which will help preserve one of the most extraordinary biological corridors on the globe.
“Intertwining luxury amenities with nature and sustainability have always been at the heart and soul of the Peninsula Papagayo resort development,” explains Jane Moore, director of Papagayo Luxury. “Under the new ownership of Gencom and their investment of significant funds, the resort will continue to evolve and strengthen its founding principles.”
These enhanced guest experiences will include:
- A major renovation of Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica, the only Forbes five-star resort in Central and South America and home to an 18-hole Arnold Palmer-designed course and five tennis courts available for guests of Papagayo Luxury
- An 8+ mile network of nature trails within the confines of the resort gates
- A Macaw sanctuary with the objective of cultivating this native species through conservation and educational programming
- An onsite Papagayo Explorers Club which will present a collection of “only here” experiences of different themes like adventure, culture, and volunteer opportunities
- An enhancement of the Marina Papagayo, which will include a new restaurant and lounge, gourmet market, and new yacht charter options
- Investment in the private Prieta Beach Club, scheduled to reopen in time for Thanksgiving week with a new restaurant, new spa services, and more.
It’s an exciting time to plan a trip to this exceptional biosphere where you’ll soon be treated to these wonderful new amenities as well as the area’s 11 miles of dramatic coastline, eight miles of gorgeous bluff edges, seven sandy beaches and one of the world’s only tropical dry forests.
Papagayo Luxury is evolving along with the resort. They have just added a spectacular newly built villa to their collection of luxury holiday villas and condos. The brand new four-bedroom Sky’s Edge villa has unbelievable views of the ocean and the vivid sunsets. The cutting edge design features crisp lines, phenomenal floor to ceiling windows, vast vaulted ceilings, a number of terraces and sleek contemporary furnishings.
The Peninsula Papagayo is located only 30 minutes from Liberia International Airport, which is accessible by over 100 weekly flights seasonally from major cities in the U.S., Canada, U.K. and across Central America. Be one of the first to stay in this exceptional villa or learn more about the resort’s upcoming transformation by contacting Papagayo Luxury here.